Is the end of squeezing into spandex-tight jeans nearing? It's not entirely over, but there is a shift happening. Stars including Milla Jovovich (in Giorgio Armani), Solange Knowles (in Roberto Cavalli), Nicole Richie (in Balmain) and Elizabeth Olsen (in The Row) have adopted a more comfortable (read: roomier) alternative to too-tight skinnies with wide-leg pants. Ever since designers like Chloe and Proenza Schouler sent the wide-leg silhouette down the runway last year, the relaxed fit has become popular both on and off the red carpet. To find the right one for you, look for a pair that sits easily at the hips. The hem should skim the ground, revealing just the tips of your shoes (this may require alterations). Team a tee with a linen fabric for a casual weekend brunch look or don a blouse and blazer with a silk or satin pair for a dressier occasion. Click through to see more celebs taking the trend in stride. Tell us: Would you wear the look?
July 15, 2013 @ 5:15 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
1. Nicole RichieExpertly mix prints, like Richie who paired a burgundy checkered-and-floral print top with striped Balmain pants.
2. Jennifer LawrenceLawrence posed in a belly-baring crop top and billowy pants from Christian Dior.
3. Anne HathawayHathaway went the casual route, pairing her relaxed billowy trousers with a striped red tee.
4. Elizabeth OlsenThe younger Olsen, clad in all-black pieces by The Row, struck a sophisticated note.
5. Milla JovovichJovovich knows what flatters her legs best. She styled her wide-leg Giorgio Armani pants with a jade cropped jacket and a statement layered necklace.
6. Solange KnowlesKnowles chose a printed blazer and wide-leg pants by Roberto Cavalli.
7. Eva LongoriaLongoria stepped off a plane wearing comfy wide-leg khakis with a fedora, white top, cardigan and strappy heels.
8. Gwen StefaniStefani stepped out wearing pair of slouchy pants, a loose fitted top and gladiator sandals.