Oct 19, 2017 @ 4:15 PM
Celeb-Inspired Outfits to Take You From Day to Night
1. Clothing That Suits You, Day or NightRunning from work to play and everywhere in between all day long may be murder on your feet, but it doesn't have to tax your style. These easy, celebrity-inspired pieces wear well no matter what the time of day, keeping you chic around the clock.
2. CutoutsIf cutouts seem to racy for day, consider their location. Strategically placed around the neckline of a covered-up style a la Jennifer Lawrence and Chloe Moretz, these peek-a-boo touches are day-to-night sexy (and easily concealed under a blazer, when needed).
Viscose, Diane von Furstenberg, $435; mytheresa.com.
3. Slim BlazersWhat's more classically day-to-night than a go-to blazer? Throw one on to automatically dress up or down your ensemble, whether it be a printed skirt like Olivia Palermo's or Sarah Jessica Parker's skinny jeans.
Polyester-rayon, Forever 21, $35; at select Forever 21 stores.
4. Leather LeggingsGot great gams like Zoe Saldana and Gwyneth Paltrow? Show them off in these sleek styles. A pair of leggings striped in leather will convert easily between the hours and won't get too hot as you make the rounds.
Leather and jersey, DKNY, $175; net-a-porter.com.
5. Crisp ShiftsWhether it's an afternoon garden party or evening cocktails, you'll be sitting pretty in laidback silhouettes like Kate Mara and Kerry Washington's. The classic shape is playful yet refined, making it a sophisticated choice for both occasions.
Cotton, Tibi, $425; tibi.com.
6. Cropped TopsThe secret to showing midriff before the sun goes down: a long skirt that only shows a hint of skin. Paired with Diane Kruger's full silhouette or Jaime King's pencil, the modest bottom keeps the abbreviated blouse from looking too daring for day.
Cotton, Club Monaco, $99; clubmonaco.com.
7. White CoatsZippers detach the lower panel of this Mango coat so you can wear it short for day or step out in the longer version for more formal settings like Naomi Watts and Jessica Alba.
Boucle, Mango, $170; mango.com.
8. Short SuitsShorts might seem like a casual approach, but teamed with a coordinating topper the look is so P.M. Case in point: Ginnifer Goodwin and Ashley Greene's tailored sets.
Cotton, Joe Fresh, blazer, $59 and shorts, $29; joefresh.com for stores.
9. Pencil SkirtsA crisp, classic skirt defines chameleon dressing: sexy and sophisticated, night and day. Try one printed like Naya Rivera's or go for Selena Gomez's solid style.
Silk, Topshop, $140; topshop.com.
10. Ruffled BlousesJulianne Hough and Rose Byrne's flouncy toppers add a romantic touch to day wear and look just a special into the wee hours.
Polyester, Diane von Furstenberg, $193; matchesfashion.com.
11. Printed PantsA true day-to-night staple, these patterned styles are on-trend all day. They make a statement worn with flats for running errands, but throw on a pair of hot heels like Jordana Brewster and Ashley Madekwe, and the look is as chic as they come.
Silk, Intermix, $188; intermixonline.com.
12. Motorcycle JacketsToughen up your LBD for day or add some edge to a collared look with a touch of leather. Elizabeth Olsen and Lily Collins's biker styles are adventurous, unexpected and edgy-just like you!
Leather, H&M, $199; hm.com for stores.
13. Jeweled CollarsSometimes, sparkles are all the jewelry you need, whether attached to a bright sheath like Jessica Pare's, a LBD like Miranda Kerr's, or the anything-but-basic Ted Baker blouse pictured above.
Silk, Ted Baker, $275; tedbaker.com.
14. Colorful ToppersLove Solange Knowles and Emmy Rossum's layered looks? A colorful coat will keep you warm when the stars come out and prevent your sheath from looking too formal during afternoon affairs.
Linen, Zara, $100; zara.com.
1 of 14
Clothing That Suits You, Day or Night
Running from work to play and everywhere in between all day long may be murder on your feet, but it doesn't have to tax your style. These easy, celebrity-inspired pieces wear well no matter what the time of day, keeping you chic around the clock.
Powered By ZergNet