Mar 22, 2017 @ 8:00 PM
Brilliant But Canceled
1. Brilliant But CanceledStyles come and go, but some items stay with you long after their season has passed! From bronzers to tees, we asked our fashion and beauty team to tell us which out-of-production pieces remain on their editor wish lists. See the standouts they'd like to resurrect and find out why these stylish five are out of sight but definitely not out of mind.
2. Clinique True Bronze Bronzing Gel"My friends and I all used to use this in high school because it gave you the most believable glow! It's a completely sheer gel with no trace of shimmer—it made you look like you'd just spent the afternoon in Ibiza." (editor's note: Clinique still makes this product, but it's only sold in the men's line).
-Amy Synnott-D'Annibale, Beauty Director amp Editor, InStyle Hair and Makeover
3. Brooks Brothers Cotton Trenchcoat"We shot this Mac coat on Alexa Chung from the boys department at Brooks Brothers—the fit was slim and the sleeves were a bit cropped (since it’s for boys), which made it perfect for light layering in spring and fall. They make a new version but I was in love with this playful madras plaid lining."
-Dana Avidan-Cohn, Market Editor
4. Armani Exchange Motorcycle Jeans
“A few seasons back, Armani Exchange came out with a chic pair of biker-inspired jeans that felt very Balmain, but cost under $120. They were the perfect skinny jean—fitted through the knee with just the right amount of stretch. Basic, with a dose of downtown edge.”
-Wendy Wallace, Senior Market Editor
5. Benefit Dr. Feelgood Lip Treatment"The best lip exfoliator, hands down!"
-Kahlana Barfield, Senior Beauty Market Editor
6. J.Crew Tee"Mine is a J.Crew linen/cotton mix scoop neck tee. It's the perfect fabric, not too thick, not too thin. Just sheer enough, sort of skims the body. It looks like a $100 T-shirt, but was about $20. I wear them with everything, and wish I could buy more!"
-Leah Karp, Accessories Director
Now it's your turn: what's the one fashion or beauty item you wish would make a comeback? Post it on our Facebook wall and see what others are missing, too!
1 of 6
Brilliant But Canceled
Styles come and go, but some items stay with you long after their season has passed! From bronzers to tees, we asked our fashion and beauty team to tell us which out-of-production pieces remain on their editor wish lists. See the standouts they'd like to resurrect and find out why these stylish five are out of sight but definitely not out of mind.
Powered By ZergNet