Sep 23, 2017 @ 11:30 AM
The $4000 Budget
1. Dana's $4000 BudgetThree InStyle staffers give us the lowdown on what they're craving for spring. The catch? Each one has a limited amount to spend ($400, $2,000, $4,000). Over the next four months, you'll see just how they strategize to round out their wardrobes.
2. My Spring InspirationsI'm going modern with solids, as opposed to the fussy look of prints. I'm a new mom, so in the morning I want simple, flattering items.
From top to bottom:
One of my favorite shows was 3.1 Phillip Lim. The pastel combos on his runway felt so new-such a pretty trend.
I have loved Audrey Tautou ever since I saw her in Amélie 11 years ago. Her style is classic French: minimal yet ultrafeminine.
The Spanish island of Formentera, in the Mediterranean, is like Ibiza but more relaxed.
-Dana Avidan-Cohn, Market Editor
3. Jason Wu for TargetYou can wear this shirtdress buttoned up or open, layered over a slip.
Polyester crêpe dress, Jason Wu for Target, $40;
4. H&MI hate delicate sandals and feeling like my feet have no support. I like to pair feminine clothing with chunky platforms.
Suede, leather, and cotton sandals, H&M, $60; HM.COM for stores
5. Forever 21A sleeveless trench is surprisingly versatile. You can create many looks depending on your underpinnings. I'd try a long-sleeve striped T or a lace blouse with this.
Polyester-cotton trenchcoat, Forever21, $25; forever21.com for stores.
6. Ann TaylorNeon jewelry is one of my spring musts.
Glass and metal necklace, Ann Taylor, $78; anntaylor.com for stores.
7. GapAll-white frames don’t look great with my olive complexion. This pair has a golden hue that warms up my skin’s undertones.
Plastic sunglasses, Gap, $25; gap.com.
8. Rachel RoyThis print looks luxe and sophisticated, and the price is amazing. Also, the lightweight canvas has the feel of a weekend bag, but the structured shape is perfect for the office.
Canvas shoulder bag, Rachel Roy, $79; rachelyroy.com.
9. American Eagle OutfittersI add little bracelets to my wrists throughout the summer. The more textures you mix?sparkle, beaded, woven?the better it looks.
Faux-leather and metal bracelets, American Eagle Outfitters, $10/set; ae.com.
10. Victoria's Secret CatalogueBuy this lightweight sweater one size larger so that it's slouchy.
Cotton sweater, Victoria's Secret Catalogue, $50; victoriassecret.com.
11. Joe FreshThis bikini's retro style is what caught my eye.
Nylon-spandex bikini, Joe Fresh, $16/$14; 212-764-1730
1 of 11
Dana's $4000 Budget
Three InStyle staffers give us the lowdown on what they're craving for spring. The catch? Each one has a limited amount to spend ($400, $2,000, $4,000). Over the next four months, you'll see just how they strategize to round out their wardrobes.
Powered By ZergNet