Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:00 AM
25 Ways to Update Your Wardrobe
2. 2. Recall Old Hollywood glamour with new art deco baubles.
Pewter earrings with hand-painted enamel and Austrian crystals, Isaac Manevitz for Ben-Amun, $170; ben-amun.com.
3. 3. Let a standout short-sleeve coat make your strongest statement.
Wool coat with tiered sleeves, Loeffler Randall, $695; at Neiman
Marcus, 415-362-3900. Silk blouse with necktie, ABS,
$188; 310-393-8770. Bamboo knit tank, Cristi Conaway, $150;
cristiconaway.com for stores. Wool skirt, Pink Tartan, $295;
at Elegance, 718-339-1228.
4. 4. Take command in admiral-inspired fashions.
5. 5. Score street-chic items with tough touches like zippers, chains and buckles.
Cotton jacket with three-quarter-length sleeves, Maria Bonita Extra, $305; 212-966-5110. Silk blouse with zipper, Harkham, $225; 615-771-
5054. Stretch-cotton skinny jeans with ankle zippers, Rag & Bone, $242; at Neiman Marcus. Necklace of assorted vintage metals, Gemma Redux, $270; gemmaredux.com. Lambskin purse with zippers, Botkier, $625; at Nordstrom, 800-695-8000. Leather high-top sneakers with buckles, Nine West, $79; 800-999-1877 for stores.
6. 6. Bag a frame purse that's classic and modern.
Croc-embossed leather with patent trim,
Rampage Handbags, $78; rampage.com.
7. 7. Embrace the return of big shoulders with a forties-inspired frock.
8. 8. Rethink leather; designers are using it in surprisingly softer ways.
9. 9. Tweak traditional tweed in a funnel-neck shift.
Wool-acrylic short-sleeve dress with belt, Mariemarie,
$525; at shopbop.com.
11. 11. Discover your inner ski bunny with an of-the- moment quilted piece.
Nylon and patent leather wedges, Via Spiga, $198; 800-289-6229. Nylon and cowhide purse, Kate Spade, $255; 323-930-2230. Polyester vest, Theory, $315; 877-551-7257.
12. 12. Dress up in a sweater with demure details.
Cashmere-cotton sweater with pleats and bow neck,
Julie Haus, $288; at Fetish, 512-457-1007.
13. 13. Strut your stuff in slouchy slacks, a current day-or-night must-have.
17. 17. Shine on in a sparkly, showstopping tunic.
Crepe de chine top with sequins, Tory Burch, $795; 203-622-5023.
18. 18. Bring pizzazz to basic pants with a paper-bag waist.
Cashmere T-shirt, Queue, $220; at Arrive, 305-604-5818. Stretch-polyester wide-leg pants, Walter, $165; at Caravan NYC, 212-260-8189.
Vermeil necklace, Giles & Brother by Philip Crangi, $190; shopbop.com.
19. 19. Make a French connection in a sleek silhouette.
20. 20. Jazz up jeans with a floaty blouse featuring flirty fillips.
From top: Silk chiffon with ruffles, Nanette Lepore, $430;
212-219-8265. Silk georgette with floral detail, Jenny Han,
$156; at Intuition, 877-310-8442. Silk charmeuse with
bows, Rebecca Taylor, $244; at Sandpiper, 770-433-2989.
21. 21. Channel Joan Jett. Studs lend a rock and roll vibe to shoes and shirts, bags and bangles.
Modal and spandex studded T-shirt, LaROK, $298; at Intermix stores. Silver-tone bangles, Forever 21, $7 each; forever21.com.
Patent flats with studded toe, Sigerson Morrison, $270; 212-941-5404. Studded leather bag with patent straps, High Fashion, $190; at Intuition, 310-287-0327.
22. 22. Stay true blue in this season’s hottest hue.
24. 24. Go graphic in a geometric-pattern minidress.
Silk sleeveless dress, Lauren Moffatt, $369; 877-746-7267.
25. 25. Raise the style bar of a simple dress with a wide, twin-buckle belt.
Cashmere sweater dress with cocoon sleeves, Rebecca Taylor, $366; at
Emily Grace, 301-251-4184. Double-buckle patent belt, Michelle Flaherty
Belts, $168; at Elements, 214-987-0837.Fall Trends on people.com: Looks to Keep, Looks to Lose
Powered By ZergNet