Oct 23, 2017 @ 1:30 PM
Sundance Movie Preview
1. MotherhoodEliza Welch (Uma Thurman) is a frazzled, multitasking mom trying to balance her role as a wife and mother with her dreams of becoming a writer. In the day-in-the-life movie, Eliza struggles to pull together her daughter's sixth birthday party, contemplates an extra-marital fling and seizes upon the career opportunity of a lifetime.
2. SpreadNicki (Ashton Kutcher) is a lothario on the make in Los Angeles. In his attempt to sleep his way to money and privilige, he courts women like high-powered attorney Samantha (Anne Heche), but his plans are jeopardized when he falls for a waitress who is playing the same game.
3. AdventurelandJames Brennan (Jesse Eisenberg) can't wait to embark on a post-college tour of Europe. When his parents announce they can no longer subsidize his trip, he has little choice but to take a thankless job at a local amusement park. What should be his worst summer ever turns into the adventure-including finding love with co-worker Em (Kristen Stewart)-of a lifetime.
4. LymelifeScott Bartlett (Rory Culkin) is a typical 15-year-old boy growing up in late-1970s Long Island. Bartlett fends off bullies at high school, fixates on his longtime crush Adrianna Bragg (Emma Roberts) and deals with his parents' dysfunctional relationship, all against the backdrop of a Lyme disease outbreak.
5. Brooklyn's FinestSal (Ethan Hawke) is a detective tempted by greed and corruption, Eddie (Richard Gere) has lost his loyalty to the police force and Tango (Don Cheadle) is forced to choose between friendship and his duty as an undercover cop. Fate brings the three together during a bust in a Brooklyn housing project.
6. Arlen FaberReclusive author Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels) is about to mark the 20th anniversary of penning, "Me and God," a book that has redefined spirituality for an entire generation. His life collides with Elizabeth (Lauren Graham), a single mom raising her seven-year-old son, who is hopeful that Arlen has answers for her. But the truth is, he hasn't got a clue.
7. Against The CurrentAgainst the Current is the story of Paul Thompson, (Joseph Fiennes), a man who sets out to swim the entire length of the Hudson River-all 150 miles. Riding beside him in a boat is his best friend since childhood (Justin Kirk) and a teacher (Elizabeth Reaser) with nothing better to do during her summer break. Together they embark upon an unusual road trip, a three-week adventure down the Hudson, but their journey soon takes a troubling turn when its revealed that there is more to this trip than originally thought.
1 of 7
Eliza Welch (Uma Thurman) is a frazzled, multitasking mom trying to balance her role as a wife and mother with her dreams of becoming a writer. In the day-in-the-life movie, Eliza struggles to pull together her daughter's sixth birthday party, contemplates an extra-marital fling and seizes upon the career opportunity of a lifetime.
Powered By ZergNet