Dec 18, 2017 @ 10:00 AM
How To Get a Body Like: Sofia Vergara
1. Get Sofia's Beautiful Hourglass ShapeSofia Vergara has one of the most coveted bodies in Hollywood. We caught up Gunnar Peterson, the trainer behind her killer curves to get the scoop on the best workouts for that hourglass shape.
2. Squats, Squats, and More Squats!Peterson tells us one of the main ways Vergara gets her hourglass physique—and keeps it—is through squats. "She keeps hips and glutes lifted and perfect with a variety of lunges and squats," he explains. If that's not incentive to get your squat on, we don't know what is!
3. Accentuate the PositiveTrying to achieve killer abs? Us too, but according to Peterson, it's more than just doing sit-up after sit-up. Maintaining curves like Sofia Vergara's is a balancing act, it's not all about the mid-section. Peterson says, "We work on shoulders to accentuate her small waistline. We do some isolation work but mostly compound (movements that require more than one joint, and more than one muscle group) as it's more efficient."
4. Change It UpFamous or not, one challenge we all face in our quest to stay fit is keeping our focus and staying motivated. Peterson tells us, "I write a new workout for every person, every day. It's always fresh so neither the mind nor the body gets bored. Plus, I try to infuse a bit of levity into the training to keep it fun."
5. Is There Such Thing as a Quick, Effective Workout?It seems like there are never enough hours in the day! "Even if you have to cut your workout short," he says, "Doing something on a regular basis is better than doing a lot sporadically." Have 10 minutes? Peterson says, "Work the muscle groups in all three planes of motion using a variety of angles. Do moves that are multi-joint as well as single-joint." Not sure what the three planes of motion are? Imagine if you cut your body in half horizontally, side-to-side and front-to-back, both vertically. A quick head-to-toe workout can be efficient and effective; now there's no excuse!
1 of 5
Get Sofia's Beautiful Hourglass Shape
Sofia Vergara has one of the most coveted bodies in Hollywood. We caught up Gunnar Peterson, the trainer behind her killer curves to get the scoop on the best workouts for that hourglass shape.
Powered By ZergNet