Jul 22, 2017 @ 4:30 PM
1. Lighten Up Designs Lamp
2. Elezar ClutchThis sleek accent piece is crisscrossed with biodegradable pleather.
$168; at elezar.com.
3. Spiral Foundation BowlSalma Hayek took a shine to this tabletop stunner, which is handcrafted by artisans in Nepal. Woven from discarded food wrappers, the bowl is a chic reworking of waste.
$29; at spiralfoundation.org.
4. Eco-Ganik Blouse
This super-soft woven bambooo line has found a fan in Anne Hathaway.
$152; visit ecoganik.com for stores.
5. TOMS Canvas FlatsWith every purchase, TOMS donates another pair of these natural slip-ons to a child in need.
$44; at tobi.com
6. Further Hand SoapLather up responsibly with a hand cleanser made of reprocessed vegetable oils, captured from L.A. restaurants.
$13; at furthersoap.com.
7. Yellingbo Gold Olive OilMartha Stewart uses this flavorful Australian olive oil which comes packaged in a recyclable box.
$73 for 4-liter cask; at yellingbo.com.
8. Woodson & Rummerfield WallpaperConventional paint is second only to cars in emitting volatile organic compounds (V.O.C.s). The solution? Hang Woodson amp Rummerfield's recyclable paper wallcovering decorated with vegetable inks and dyes.
$98/roll; at wandrlust.com.
9. Dayna Decker DiffuserLooking for an earth-friendly alternative to incense? Try the Flora diffuser, which scents the air with fragrant botanical oils (choose from six).
$80; at daynadeckerstore.com.
10. Sigg BottleThirsting for ways to cut back on plastic waste? Tote beverages as Drew Barrymore does in this reusable Sigg bottle made of light-weight aluminum.
$20-$30; at mysigg.com.
11. Ducduc Cabana DeskThis beautiful wooden desk of responsibly-harvested hardwood and lacquered nontoxic paint doesn't contribute to the 40 million acres of forest lost every year.
$1,295; at ducducnyc.com.
12. Russell and Hazel BindersRoughly 14 million tons of plastic are thrown out in a 12 month cycle. When hunting office or school supplies, forgo the new plastic binders for ones made from recycled materials.
$16; at russellandhazel.com.
13. Philippe Starck Recycled ChairMaking new aluminum takes 20 times more energy than reusing existing stores. Philippe Starck's Emeco Kong armchair is crafted from 80 percent recycled metal.
$2,605; at unicahome.com.
14. Karim Rashid for Umbra Trash CanThis Garbino trash can by Karim Rashid for Umbra looks good and keeps trash out of landfills. It's made of reprocessed polypropylene.
$7; at containerstore.com.
15. Nepalese Paper JournalsThese Nepalese-crafted journals are made of renewable bush bark, not trees.
$14; at nepalesepaper.com.
16. Camelbak Reusable BottleSip from Camelbak's sporty canteen, free of the potentially hormone-disrupting chemical BPA.
$7; at boss-safety.com.
17. Flower Bud TulipsThese springy tulips are all green-in a figurative sense. (We swear, you're not color-blind!) They're domestic and Veriflora-certified, which means the flowers are grown using water- and energy-efficient practices.
$81 for 40 stems; at flowerbud.com.
18. Shaklee Cleaning ProductsThey can't leap buildings in a single bound, but these nontoxic Shaklee products are super-powerful when it comes to fighting grime.
Scour Off Heavy-Duty Paste, $9; at shaklee.com.
Basic H2Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, $13; at shaklee.com.
Basic H2Organic Super Cleaning Wipes, $10; at shaklee.com.
19. Cheeky Monkey JewelryOrder this recycled silver Emperor Penguin pendant by Cheeky Monkey ($270) and 10 percent of the proceeds will benefit the World Wildlife Fund. Drew Barrymore opted for the recycled gold Polar bear ($520), supporting the World Conservation Union.
$270-$520; at cheekymonkeyjewelry.com.
20. Bessence CandlesEach soy wax candle in Sandra Bullock's new Bessence line is hand-poured and packaged in recycled materials. Light up the lead-free wick and enjoy one of four clean-burning fragrant blends: (left to right) Black Cassis, Herbes avec Lagniappe, Midnight Garden, and Wild Bloomers.
$40 each; at bessbistro.com.
21. Ecojot NotepadTake note! These pads are made from 100 percent recycled paper and biodegradable ink.
Small, $4 and large, $9; to order call 800-836-6669.
23. Recycled Gold NecklaceIt looks new, but this gold design-sported by Sheryl Crow-is made from recycled previous metals. The necklace also gives you a chance to do some good-30 percent of proceeds benefit the Natural Resources Defense Council.
14kt-gold Live Green necklace with tsavorite, Mauri Pioppo, $420; at mauropioppo.com.
24. Gorgeously GreenThis guide by L.A. green guru Sophie Uliano offers planet-friendly tips, like where to find luxe eco-fashion and how to save energy while shopping. Julia Roberts, who penned the foreword, dubs it "a bible of hope and help."
$12; at barnesandnoble.com.
1 of 24
Lighten Up Designs Lamp
Powered By ZergNet