This week clinched it: Camilla Parker Bowles and Prince Charles are officially the most entertaining royal couple (keep up, Kate and Wills!). Earlier this week, Prince William and Harry’s dad visited Jimmy’s Farm in Ipswich, England, giving us some of the most LOL-worthy photos we’ve seen since The Weeknd serenaded ex Bella Hadid at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
Little did we know, Prince Charles’s photo diary would only be the tip of the iceberg. On Thursday, the photo gods gifted us with another perfect melding of time and place in Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall’s visit to the 50th annual South of England Show in Ardingly.
Nothing could have prepared us for the glory of Camilla’s weekday field trip.
Inspired by the beauty of it all, we decided to editorialize the duchess’s experience, resulting in a mostly (100%) made up series of captions describing what ran through Camilla’s mind in each frame.
1. Camilla Closes Her Eyes and Thinks of Royal Chauffeur
"Smile and wave, Camilla. Smile and wave."
2. Camilla Discovers a New Circle of Hell
"This is better be boosting my approval rating."
3. Camilla Proves Unable to Grin and Bear It
"This is scarier than Brexit."
4. Camilla Wonders How She Allowed Things to Escalate This Far
"'Go to the South of England Show', they said. 'It'll be fun,' they said."
5. Camilla Marvels at Seemingly Ordinary Plant
"You ain't 'bout to climb me, right?"
6. Camilla Receives a Message From the Queen
"New phone, who dis?"
7. Camilla Is Royally Famished
"They just put that there to taunt me, I know it."
8. Camilla "Knights" Bystander with Leek
"It was a little funny, the FIRST time!"
9. Camilla Stares Down the Paparazzi
"The Queen would never carry her own umbrella..."
10. Camilla Holds Animal Handed to Her
"This is a dog, yeah?"