Jan 19, 2018 @ 8:15 AM
1. Lauren GrahamWhile she's known for her work on screens both big and small, Lauren Graham is currently performing in her very first Broadway production, the revival of Guys and Dolls. "I still go through the same panic, forgetting that it'll be fine," Graham, who sings, dances and even performs a strip tease during the show, has said of her lingering nerves.
2. Will FerrellHe perfected his impression of our 43rd President on Saturday Night Live, now Will Ferrell has brought his act to the Great White Way, starring in You're Welcome, America: A Final Night with George W. Bush. The show, which has been a box office success, has drawn Ferrell fans like Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.
3. Cynthia NixonCynthia Nixon might be best known as the sassy Miranda Hobbes from Sex and The City, but she was an accomplished theater actor long before becoming a member of the fabulous foursome. The Tony Award winner-who made Broadway history in 1984 by appearing in two plays simulataneously-is currently starring in the off-Broadway production of Distracted.
4. Allison Janney9 To 5: The Musical, Allison Janney (right) -who has had memorable roles in Juno and The West Wing-takes on the role of Violet Newstead, a disgruntled office supervisor who leads a plot to kidnap her male chauvinist boss. Though she doesn't reprise her role from the classic 1980 flick, Dolly Parton penned the music and lyrics for the Broadway adaptation of the workplace comedy.
5. Marcia Gay Harden and James GandolfiniMarcia Gay Harden and James Gandolfini make up one half of the all-star ensemble-Jeff Daniels and Hope Davis are also on the marquee-in God of Carnage, a biting comedy that opens in late March. "One day James says something and we're on the floor laughing, we can't get on with our lines. The next day it's Jeff, the next day it's Hope, the next day it's me," Harden has said of rehearsing with her co-stars. "It's just the feeling of being together when we’re together."
6. Jane FondaIt's been 46 years since Jane Fonda last appeared on Broadway. Now the actress has returned to play the role or a terminally ill professor in the drama 33 Variations. Fonda, who shares the stage with Colin Hanks and Samantha Mathis, has received positive reviews from many of the industry's leading critics.
Hollywood Hits Broadway! Check out the other stars who have taken their turn on the Great White Way.
1 of 6
While she's known for her work on screens both big and small, Lauren Graham is currently performing in her very first Broadway production, the revival of Guys and Dolls. "I still go through the same panic, forgetting that it'll be fine," Graham, who sings, dances and even performs a strip tease during the show, has said of her lingering nerves.
Powered By ZergNet