Halloween for just one can be a challenge, but coordinating costumes with two, or three, or four … Now that’s a wickedly creative endeavor.
These famous moms and dads proved just how far they were wiling to go to entertain their kids, dressing in impressive family ensembles that will serve as Halloween inspo long after Luna Legend has graduated from high school.
Our favorite celebrity family Halloween costumes are a lot like our favorite celebrity families—they commit to Halloween like they commit to just about everything else: fully.
Obviously, the greatest creative and theatrical minds in Hollywood set the bar high when it comes to the art of festive disguise. Whether classic (Neil Patrick Harris’ family each and every year), unique (Jay Z, Beyoncé, and Blue Ivy’s elaborate 2015 ensembles), or just plain adorable (everyone on our list, tbh), our favorite family Halloween costumes bring something special to the end-of-year holiday.
Browse through the slides below for a look at the best family costumes from your favorite stars.
1. JESSICA ALBA, HONOR, AND CASH WARREN
Their superhero name says it all—this family is simply incredible.
2. BEYONCÉ, JAY Z, AND BLUE IVY CARTER
Popular music’s first family channeled cinematic royalty last year when they dressed as characters from Eddie Murphy comedy Coming to America (1988).
3. NICOLE RICHIE, JOEL, SPARROW, AND HARLOW MADDEN
The Addams family has nothing on those maddening Maddens—just kidding, both families are in our top 10.
4. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, DAVID BURTKA, HARPER AND GIDEON BURTKA-HARRIS
Contrary to popular belief, we’re pretty sure this patriarchal tin man has a heart.
5. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN, PENELOPE, REIGN, AND MASON DISICK
No one would dare mess with this adorable crew of superheroes.
6. KIM KARDASHIAN WEST AND NORTH WEST
Kim Kardashian and North West made us LOL when they dressed as Vogue editor-in chief Anna Wintour and former editor-at-large André Leon Talley back in 2014.
7. GWYNETH PALTROW AND APPLE MARTIN
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree—the mother-daughter duo twinned in skeletal face paint for last year’s festivities.
8. BEYONCÉ AND BLUE IVY CARTER
Even Queen Bey worships a pop idol or two. The best-selling artist and her next of kin moonwalked their way to Halloween perfection as Janet Jackson and the late King of pop, Michael.
9. JESSICA SIMPSON, MAXWELL, AND ERIC JOHNSON
Maxwell Johnson takes the prize for cutest chicken—or, as Jessica Simpson would call her, cutest tuna fish.
10. FERGIE, AXL, AND JOSH DUHAMEL
Fergie and Axl made the cutest crime-fighting duo as Batman and Batgirl, they even took some creative license and allied with Josh Duhamel’s somber clown.
11. VANESSA, NICK, AND CAMDEN LACHEY
Pregnant Captain Hook may be our favorite Halloween costume of all time.
12. SHAKIRA, GERARD PIQUÉ, MILAN PIQUÉ MEBARAK, AND SASHA PIQUÉ MEBARAK
Shakira and her sweet boys coordinated in pastel pajamas as they channeled cartoon mouse Topo Gigio.
13. ADRIANA LIMA, MARKO JARIC, VALENTINA LIMA JARIC, AND SIENNA LIMA JARIC
Lima's brood coordinated their under-the-sea look with a series of incredible wigs.
14. GOLDIE HAWN AND KATE HUDSON
Hudson and Hawn embraced their inner biker chicks when they dressed as members of Sons (Daughters?) of Anarchy.
15. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, DAVID BURTKA, HARPER AND GIDEON BURTKA-HARRIS
As always, Neil Patrick Harris and his family destroyed the costumed competition last Halloween when they coordinated as Star Wars characters.
16. ANGELA BASSETT, BRONWYN, AND SLATER VANCE
The busy zookeeper was careful to keep her favorite animals in her sight at all times.
17. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, DAVID BURTKA, HARPER AND GIDEON BURTKA-HARRIS
Neil Patrick Harris and his fun-loving fam fell down the rabbit hole together, emerging as Alice in Wonderland characters for another picture-perfect Halloween.
18. JESSICA ALBA AND HAVEN WARREN
We hope Alba didn’t get too hungry this Halloween…
19. MIRANDA KERR AND FLYNN BLOOM
Miranda Kerr and her son Flynn are the sweetest skeletons we’ve ever seen.