Oct 20, 2017 @ 4:30 PM
7 Ways to Be Healthier Now
1. Switch Up Your Citrus"Lemon-besides offering a fresh and tangy flavor-has been shown to help with weight loss," says celebrity nutritionist Keri Glassman. "Add an ounce of lemon juice to each of your eight daily glasses of water for a quick antioxidant boost!" If you're on the go, add a True Lemon packet ($5 for 32; at truelemonstore.com) to your water for the same effect.
2. Read the Fine PrintIf you're short on cash, check your company's health and wellness plan before you rule out a gym membership. Many insurance providers reimburse a percentage of gym fees and some companies partner with fitness centers to provide discounted rates.
Left: Anna Kendrick at a recent Reebok event
3. Maximize Your MultivitaminJoin the 300,000 people-including stars like Vanessa Hudgens, Jessica Stroup and Malin Akerman-who have already streamlined their supplements with USANA's MyHealthPak. It comes with a personalized dispenser as well as labeled morning and evening packets, so you'll never have to count, sort or separate supplements again.
4. Track Your Progress Stress-FreeSimply clip the Fitbit ($99; at fitbit.com) to a pocket or waistband and log your daily calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. It's easy to wear on your waist, wrist, pocket or undergarments. Whenever you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded to Fitbit.com-no daily upload or manual logging required. Salma Hayek is a fan.
5. Sit Up Straight"Aesthetically, pulling your shoulders back and standing up straight can make you appear 10 pounds slimmer and more confident, but there are more important health benefits," says celebrity trainer Ashley Conrad. "Bad posture creates unnecessary strain on muscles, which can lead to fatigue, headaches, and low back pain. By correcting your posture you'll have more energy because blood flow isn't constricted."
6. Drink Mint!Mint helps with digestion and eases tension and inflammation from colds or allergies. Replacing some of your normal water intake with a bottle of Metromint-a favorite of stars like Tom Cruise and Brittany Snow-provides a refreshing way to hydrate and add mint to your daily diet. Try all six flavors, including our fave, chocolate!
7. Cleanse Don't StarveInstead of turning to an extreme diet, get fast, celebrity-worthy results with the GliSODin advanced detoxification formulas ($125; at skinstore.com). The powder packets are made from natural ingredients, minerals and vitamins and only require you to maintain a healthy diet to see enviable results. Sandra Bullock used the Advanced Detoxification to prep her skin before the Oscars and Lady Gaga is a fan of the Skin Brightening Formula, which she used before filming her "Bad Romance" video.
1 of 7
Switch Up Your Citrus
"Lemon-besides offering a fresh and tangy flavor-has been shown to help with weight loss," says celebrity nutritionist Keri Glassman. "Add an ounce of lemon juice to each of your eight daily glasses of water for a quick antioxidant boost!" If you're on the go, add a True Lemon packet ($5 for 32; at truelemonstore.com) to your water for the same effect.
Powered By ZergNet