Feb 28, 2017 @ 9:45 AM
12 Prettiest Dresses of 2012
1. no titleWhat better way to wrap up 2012 than with a look back at the year's loveliest dresses? Whether soft and sweet like Jessica Alba's floral Valentino, a complete knockout like the Lanvin mini Emma Stone wore, or something in between like Catherine Middleton's bold and romantic Jenny Packham stunner, these 12 red carpet picks have one thing in common: they’re just plain stunning!
2. Jessica AlbaEVENT: The Baby2Baby Gala
WHY WE LOVE IT: Does it get any sweeter than a blush ballgown embroidered with flowers? We don't think so!
3. Rosie Huntington-WhiteleyEVENT: The Art + Film Gala
WHY WE LOVE IT: Sexy can be pretty too! Especially when the dress is in a vibrant hue and accented with ruffles.
4. Jessica ChastainEVENT: Madagascar 3's Cannes premiere
DESIGNER: Giorgio Armani
WHY WE LOVE IT: The actress complemented her gown's Old Hollywood glam with side-swept curls and scarlet lips.
5. Emma StoneEVENT: The Met Gala
WHY WE LOVE IT: She may have gone blond, but Stone was still red hot on the carpet in her crimson dress.
6. Naomi WattsEVENT: The Toronto International Film Festival premiere of The Impossible
DESIGNER: Elie Saab
WHY WE LOVE IT: A lovely lavender hue made this plunging gown more sugar than spice.
7. Catherine MiddletonEVENT: The BOA Olympic Concert
DESIGNER: Jenny Packham
WHY WE LOVE IT: Talk about lighting up a room! A complementary hue and an off-the-face updo made Catherine Middleton's eyes sparkle.
8. Nina DobrevEVENT: The premiere of The Perks of Being a Wallflower
DESIGNER: Monique Lhuillier
WHY WE LOVE IT: This famed bridal designer sure can create a pretty white dress!
9. Julianne MooreEVENT: The 2012 Emmys
DESIGNER: Dior Haute Couture
WHY WE LOVE IT: Never afraid to take a risk, the actress's dramatic silhouette and palette definitely paid off!
10. Zoe SaldanaEVENT: The ALMA Awards
WHY WE LOVE IT: The actress looked every inch a goddess in her plunging, pleated gown.
11. Keira KnightleyEVENT: The L.A. premiere of Anna Karenina
WHY WE LOVE IT: From her pretty pink lips to her cool mint silk, the actress's pastels were a breath of fresh air. (And who doesn't love a good pocket?)
12. Taylor SwiftEVENT: The Teen Choice Awards
DESIGNER: Maria Lucia Hohan
WHY WE LOVE IT: Everyone loves this singer in romantic flowing gowns, but she looks just as ethereal in a backless goddess mini.
13. Selena GomezEVENT: The Vanity Fair Oscar party
DESIGNER: Dolce & Gabbana
WHY WE LOVE IT: Cool silver enhanced the singer's always-radiant glow.
1 of 13
What better way to wrap up 2012 than with a look back at the year's loveliest dresses? Whether soft and sweet like Jessica Alba's floral Valentino, a complete knockout like the Lanvin mini Emma Stone wore, or something in between like Catherine Middleton's bold and romantic Jenny Packham stunner, these 12 red carpet picks have one thing in common: they’re just plain stunning!
Powered By ZergNet