Spring cleaning isn't just for your closet anymore. Just as you wouldn’t wear your thickest cashmere sweater in April, it’s time to trade in your winter essentials for new spring staples. That's why we're cleaning out our makeup bags to swap our heavy winter products for sheer, lightweight versions built for the warmer temps.
March 31, 2014 @ 9:55 AM
May 24, 2015 @ 6:00 PM
May 24, 2015 @ 5:00 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
Spring Makeup Trends 2014
1. TOSS: LIPSTICKTRY: A LIP STAIN"I love dry lips," said no woman ever…but most stains tend to leave our lips parched. This emollient formula from TopShop ($16; topshop.com) gives off a glossy sheen that eventually fades into a gorgeous stain, and lasts for hours.
2. TOSS: FOUNDATIONTRY: BB CREAMThe lighter formulas, like Estee Lauder's ($38; esteelauder.com), provide a bit of moisture without feeling too heavy or sticky and most versions contain SPF to protect from strong rays. Try using a shade deeper than your complexion to help warm up a pale winter complexion.
3. TOSS: POWDER BLUSHTRY: CHEEK STAINPowder formulas can feel a bit heavy, but this featherweight liquid ($48; spacenk.com) creates a subtle rosy stain that blends easily and stays put. Plus, the click style dropper delivers the perfect dose.
4. TOSS: BODY BUTTERTRY: LOTION MISTSwap out rich hydrators for a lightweight lotion spray with ingredients like glycerin and vitamin E which help revitalize scaly legs in time for #skirtseason ($8; drugstore.com).
5. TOSS: CREAM CLEANSERTRY: GEL FACE WASHMilky cleansers can be great for dry winter skin but when the temperatures rises, switch to a gel cleanser for a deeper clean that helps eliminate shine. We like Garnier's version which contain charcoal to help draw out dirt and oil.