Chalk it up to the sunny California weather, but when it comes to sporting a flawless tan, Lauren Conrad sets the bar high. To impart the most natural-looking glow, skin expert Kate Somerville, who has worked with the star, advises going for a product just as organic—next to tanning in the sun, that is. Somerville recommends looking for a sunless tanner free of parabens. Our favorite? The fresh-scented St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Face ($25; sttropeztan.com). Thanks to the absence of harsh chemicals, it's just as easy on the most sensitive skin types as it is on the planet. Click the image to get more celebrity skincare tips!
April 6, 2013 @ 9:30 AM
May 28, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
1. Lauren Conrad's Natural GlowThe Laguna Beach native is known for her sunkissed California look. For a smooth-and safe-glow, opt for a paraben-free self-tanning formula, advises celebrity skincare expert Kate Somerville, who has worked with the star. We like St. Tropez Gradual Tan lotion for Face ($25, sttropeztan.com), which smells good-seriously-and is nearly impossible to screw up.
2. Kate Hudson's Lit-From-Within SkinThe ever-fresh Kate Hudson sees nutrition expert and dermatologist Nicholas Perricone, who prescribes an anti-inflammatory diet of high-quality protein, low-glycemic carbs like broccoli and yogurt, healthy fats, and antioxidant-rich drinks like green tea. "These foods help maintain normal levels of insulin and blood sugar," he says. Even better? The benefits are visible in just three days." Check-out Perricone's latest book, Forever Young ($26, amazon.com) for more information.
3. Debra Messing's Consistent RadianceMessing recently signed-on to star in NBC's new musical comedy Smash, but the 42-year-old star still looks as radiant as she did on Will amp Grace. According to Somerville, that's partially due to peptide treatments. "Long-term use of peptides softens and strengthens the skin and encourages cellular repair," she says. Squeeze a few drops from Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough capsules ($50, ulta.com) into your daily moisturizer to work peptides into your routine.
4. Jessica Alba's Blemish Free FaceTo achieve Jessica Alba-level epidermis perfection, Somerville recommends an oxygen therapy facial. "We exfoliate with enzymes and gentle acids," says Somerville, who has worked with the star. "Follow with vitamins and a moisturizer to lock in hydration." If you can't make it to the spa, Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing mask ($52, blissworld.com) will work at home.
5. Charlize Theron's Sunspot Free SkinTheron may have grown up in sunny South Africa, but you wouldn't know it from her damage-free face. "Charlize loves our microdermabrasion treatments for their polishing, refining, and cleansing qualities," says celebrity facialist Ole Henriksen, who works with the star. Try the Ole Henriksen At Home Mini peel system ($95, olehenriksen.com) for a similar tightening, repairing and renewing experience.
6. Kate Walsh's Quenched SkinThe Private Practice star's complexion has a natural dewy finish. To keep aging skin from drying out, Somerville recommends her own Quench Hydrating Serum with HSC Complex ($65, katesomerville.com). "It's the one product my clients can't live without," says Somerville, who has worked with Walsh.
7. Kerry Washington's Even SkintoneWashington knows how to maintain clear skin-a gift that no doubt helped her nab a L'Oreal Paris contract back in 2007. To accentuate the star's supple sheen, Somerville turns to ultrasound treatments. "They detoxify and are good for acne," she says. "When used in combination with lightening agents, ultrasound can improve and brighten pigmentation." Ask your facialist or dermatologist if you're interested in trying a similar approach.
8. Eva Mendes's Taut SkinMendes has an incandescence that seems to come from within. Perricone, who has treated the actress, says you can get a similar luminosity by following his Three-Day Nutritional Face-Lift. What, exactly, does that entail? "Eating salmon twice a day," he says. You can supplement with fruits and vegetables; the dermatologist swears you'll see results almost immediately.
9. Rashida Jones' Pore-Free ComplexionThe Parks and Recreation star looks perfectly polished when she's not wearing a trace of makeup. Jones's facialist Somerville advises using laser treatments to achieve even texture and minimize fine lines. "This is a noninvasive laser technology that uses near-infrared light to get down into the dermis," she explains. Again, speak with a skincare consultant if this treatment interests you; at-home lasers aren't available for these purposes just yet.
10. Sofia Vergara's Supple SkinThe Modern Family bombshell has excellent skin elasticity. Maintain healthy hydration with a serum that contains hyaluronic acid, says Somerville, who has treated Vergara. Cucumber and willow herb extracts help firm skin and soothe irritation. The facialist swears by her own Quench Hydrating mask ($45, katesomerville.com).
Lauren Conrad's Natural Glow
The Laguna Beach native is known for her sunkissed California look. For a smooth-and safe-glow, opt for a paraben-free self-tanning formula, advises celebrity skincare expert Kate Somerville, who has worked with the star. We like St. Tropez Gradual Tan lotion for Face ($25, sttropeztan.com), which smells good-seriously-and is nearly impossible to screw up. Read MoreLess