It might seem counteractive to cleanse your face with oil, but despite what popular skincare myths might have told you to believe, oil-based cleansers won’t make your face greasier or cause you to breakout.
In fact, cleansing oils melt off stubborn waterproof makeup, dirt, and other major pore-clogging impurities in a few sweeps followed by a quick rinse. Cut with nourishing and soothing ingredients like olive oil, camellia, and argan oil, these water-soluble formulas will leave your skin clean and smooth without stripping your skin of its essential natural oils.
From Juice Beauty’s green fruit stem cell-infused cleanser to Japanese brand DHC’s cult-favorite bottle, we’ve rounded up our favorite cleansing oils to use to wipe away the day.
VIDEO: COINAGE: 5 Skin Treatments Dermatologists Say are a Waste of Money
1. Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
Tatcha | $48
2. Biossance Squalene + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil
Biossance | $30
3. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil
Juice Beauty | $32
4. Caudalie Make-Up Removing Cleansing Oil
Caudalie | $28
5. Boscia Makup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
Boscia | $32
6. No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Oil, Normal/Dry
No7 | $12
7. Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil
Neutrogena | $9
8. Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil with Coconut & Argan Oil
Burt's Bees | $16
9. Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
Bobbi Brown | $46
10. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
DHC | $28