Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:15 AM
The Perfect Pedicure For Every Summer Sandal
1. The Perfect Pedicure For Every Summer SandalNothing enhances the perfect pair of summer sandals like a pedicure in a complementary hue. That's why we rounded up the hottest nail lacquers to pair with the season's chicest trends! From neon stilettos to color-blocked heels, we found a gorgeous shade to complete every style. Keep clicking to see each look now!
2. Mod SandalsWhen it came to fashion trends, the swingin' sixties were all about fun, so mirror the bold shades of your mod sandals by continuing the color blocking effect onto your toes. Try Lancome's Vernis in Love in Plunge Pool ($15; lancome-usa.com) to give your look a bold splash of color, or go for a space age vibe by pairing your heels with a shiny metallic. We love the steely pewter Fit for a Queen by Ciate ($15; sephora.com) and Estee Lauder's Mad Men nail lacquer ($24; nordstrom.com), which holds a pale opalescent sheen.
Shoes: Jil Sander
3. Gladiator SandalsThanks to the neutral color palette of most gladiator styles, the nail polish pairs are endless, but we especially love the effect against shiny gold or copper lacquers. Give a nod to the style's origins in Ancient Rome with a gilded polish like Deborah Lippmann's Nefertiti ($17; deborahlippmann.com), or go for an antique effect with Essie's Penny Talk ($8; essie.com), a copper hue with a slight rose gold shimmer.
4. Floral HeelsBecause floral prints tend to be busy enough, your pedicure shouldn't have to compete. Balance the multi-tonal effect with a one-size-fits-all beige like Butter London's Yummy Mummy ($15; butterlondon.com), or use a sheer petal pink like Jin Soon's Tea Rose ($18; jinsoon.com) to mirror the slight pink accents in the dynamic pattern.
Shoes: Loeffler Randall
5. Bright SandalsNeon sandals paired with day-glo nail lacquer can be overwhelming, so don't try to compete with the striking hue. Instead, go for a sheer tone with a faint tint of color. Julep's Rock Candy Nail Glaze in Carol ($14; sephora.com) gives your pedicure a mirror-like shine reminiscent of hard candy while adding a hint of petal pink.
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
6. Edgy SpikesSpikes seem to be everywhere this season, so instead of pairing the studded details with an equally-edgy shade, opt for a sheer veil of color to balance the effect. YSL's La Laque Couture Tie and Dye colors ($25 each; bloomingdales.com) combine shimmer and tinted lacquer to create a swirled effect, while giving each nail a faint whisper of color. Layer a few colors on top of each other, or wear each hue on its own.
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
7. Feminine RufflesA seductive pair of heels can easily be paired with a classic red lacquer, but we think the boudoir-esque feel of a barely-there lacquer is even sexier. Try Givenchy's Le Vernis in Beige Mousseline ($20; sephora.com), an alluring nude with a polished creme finish, or a sheer iridescent hue like Illamasqua's Hemlock ($17; sephora.com). We like how the color has more dimension than your typical bare nail-the faint shimmer complements the intricate details of the heels without overpowering them.
Shoes: Dolce amp Gabbana
8. Boho FlatsThe sky's the limit when it comes to dynamic bohemian patterns! Contrast the sandal's tones with either the deep wine or pale cantaloupe hues in NARS + Pierre Hardy's lacquer duo in Sharplines ($29 for two; narscosmetics.com), or match the exact colors with either the navy or tangerine lacquer in the Ethno Run set ($29 for two; narscosmetics.com). Because the flats offer a wide palette of colors, the effect isn't too matchy-matchy.
9. White HeelsWhite shoes are flattered by a range of colors, the question is, how bold are you willing to go? If you're feeling daring, opt for nail strips like Sephora's Trend Tips in Geometric ($12; sephora.com), which carry the runway's cutout effect onto your pedicure. We also love the contrast against a high-impact neon like Nails Inc's Belsize Park ($9.50; sephora.com), but if highlighter tones aren't your thing, opt for a classic nude like Tom Ford's Toasted Sugar ($30; nordstrom.com).
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi
10. Leopard PrintWe're calling it-leopard print is the new neutral. The pattern instantly adds edge to tame ensembles, and works just as well when paired with wilder colors. We love the contrast against Dior's Birds of Paradise turquoise nail duo ($29 for two; sephora.com). Try the cream finish opaque lacquer for daytime, and at night, dress up your pedi by layering the shimmery sea green on top. Or, play off of the warm tones with a creamsicle orange like Estee Lauder's Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Coral Cult ($20; nordstrom.com).
Shoes: Nine West
11. High-StrapConsider these to be the more extreme version of the gladiator sandal. By pairing high-strap shoes with a nude polish like Obsessive Compulsive's Kava Kava ($10; occmakeup.com), you can create the illusion of longer legs-perfect if you have a shorter frame, plus, the pearl shimmer used in the lacquer's formula makes the hue stand out against the traditional buff tones. Or, you could combine the look with an on-trend pastel like NCLA's Eight Days a Week ($16; shopncla.com). The color pops against the stark white sandal, and walks the line seamlessly between spring and summer looks.
Shoes: Alexander Wang
1 of 11
The Perfect Pedicure For Every Summer Sandal
Nothing enhances the perfect pair of summer sandals like a pedicure in a complementary hue. That's why we rounded up the hottest nail lacquers to pair with the season's chicest trends! From neon stilettos to color-blocked heels, we found a gorgeous shade to complete every style. Keep clicking to see each look now!
Powered By ZergNet