The days are cooler and the sun sets earlier, now that we’re in the midst of winter your nail polish lineup probably reflects how you’re feeling this season: dark and moody.
Let’s face it, you can never go wrong with a basic black lacquer but sometimes you might have the urge to step out of your manicure comfort zone. So when the mood for a little bit of color hits you, reach for a deep, rich, seasonally-appropriate shade instead.
The following 10 nail polishes will have your manicures covered for the rest of the season.
VIDEO: How to Master the Center Part Manicure
1. Jinsoon Nail Polish In Dandy
A soft blue with a hint of purple will look just dandy on your nails. As if the shade isn't enough to love, this long-wear formula will stay chip-free for days.
Jin Soon | $18
2. Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Washed Denim
Not quite gray, not quite blue, this Chanel polish is the *perfect* in-between shade for people who can never decide on a polish color.
Chanel | $28
3. OPI Nail Polish In CIA=Color Is Awesome
This polish's name says it all. The color truly is awesome.
OPI | $10
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer In Delphine
Not quite tan, not quite purple, this mauve shade is a cool alternative to a nude mani.
Marc Jacobs Beauty | $18
5. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Color In After Midnight
If you're a fan of DIY manis, the finished product of this gorgeous purple is a salon gel manicure finish without having to leave your couch.
Deborah Lippmann | $20
6. Smith & Cult Nail Polish In Bang The Dream
The proof is in the polish: You can never go wrong with a little bit of shimmer.
Smith and Cult | $18
7. NARS Nail Polish In Endless Night
This burnt oxblood color is dark, vampy, and glorious.
Nars | $20
8. Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail Color In Bamboost
A dark polish that lasts, is easy to remove, and doesn't leave nails discolored? Sally Hansen's new argan oil-infused formula checks off all those boxes.
Sally Hansen | $7
9. Butter London Patent Shine 10x Nail Lacquer in Bang On!
Not only is looking at this cool blue shade super calming, it makes for a great mani color, too.
Butter London | $20