It might not be easy to go completely green, but thanks to a set of nail polish brands it is simple to cut the harsh chemicals out of your manicure game.
Free of nasties like formaldehyde, camphor, and a whole list of other words we can't pronounce, there's a non-damaging formula for you, whether your go-to shade is classic red or bold turquoise.
In honor of Earth Day, we've rounded up our favorite non-toxic nail polishes to bring along to your next mani appointment.
VIDEO: The Crazy Cost of a Liftetime of Beauty
1. Côte Nail Polish in No. 83
côte | $18
2. Tenoverten Nail Polish in Austin
Tenoverten | $18
3. Zoya Nail Polish in Tatum
Zoya | $10
4. Context Nail Polish in Showstopper
Context | $15
5. RGB Nail Polish in Peacock
RGB | $18
6. Londontown Lakur in Changing Of The Guards
Londontown | $16
7. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Suspiria
Obsessive Complusive | $10
8. Pacifica 7-Free Nail Polish in Desert Princess
Pacifica | $9
9. Dr. Dana 9-Free Nail Color in Kelly
Dr. Dana | $18
10. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Color in My Boyfriend's Back.