Aug 18, 2017 @ 2:30 PM
The Most Wanted Winter Spa Treatments
1. Hot Chocolate Synergy MassageThe One amp Only Palmilla in Los Cabos draws a-listers like Sofia Vergara. This holiday season, they've conjured up a massage inspired by the ancient Mayans. A blend of various techniques uses Mexican herbal compresses and chocolate oils to release muscle tension. The warm chocolate oil is said to enhance your mood, improves the skin’s blood flow and hydrate parched winter skin.
2. Candy Cane RitualAnna Kendrick was recently spotted at the swanky Reliquary Water Sanctuary amp Spa at Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas, where expert therapists use raw sugar cane juice, crystals and peppermint oil to exfoliate and moisturize tired bodies. The ritual continues with bamboo reeds drumming, tapping and rolling over muscles-the treatment is a Christmas twist on an ancient cane ritual that relieves the body’s energy flow while targeting stress trigger points.
3. Pumpkin Nectar FacialPumpkin's healing properties are making it the new it ingredient in beauty treatments. At the St. Regis Mexico City-where Jennifer Aniston recently took some RampR time-this seasonal facial is designed to restore the proper level of epidermal moisture for a flawless matte, even-toned and oil-free complexion. Active ingredients including pumpkin enzymes, mineral salts and beta carotene work to ensure a constant flow of moisture to the skin leaving you evenly balanced and radiant.
4. Peppermint PedicureBefore you slip into the sparkly nail color of the moment, your feet might need a little attention. Lady Gaga is a fan of the St. Regis San Francisco where the Peppermint Pedi at Remede Spa combines a soak in essential oils and a glycolic peel to relieve tense muscles and soothe overtired feet.
5. Santa's Little Helpers Hand MassageIf you're lucky enough to take a breather from the holiday chaos at The Cove Atlantis in the Bahamas-like Katy Perry recently did-check out Santa's Little Helpers: Mandara Four Hand Massage. Drawing on Balinese healing systems, it's a holiday twist on the spa's signature treatment where two therapists work on you simultaneously.
6. Silent NightThis soothing back massage, nourishing body wrap and aromatherapy facial uses ginger, mandarin and frankincense to ease guests at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London into a silent night’s sleep.
7. Holiday Recovery Facial SeriesLate nights fueled with bubbly and party food don't exactly do wonders for the skin. Enter the Mandarin Oriental's Holiday Recovery Facial Series as the perfect post-party pick-me-up. When you book three 80-minute high performing facials including the Vitamin Infusion Facial for repairing and re-nourishing fatigued skin, the Nature's Radiant Facial for all natural, chemical-free skin care, or the Opulent Rejuvenesence facial for intense collagen building and anti-aging results you get 10% off.
$824 plus discount; mandarinoriental.com.
8. Cinnamon Maple Body ScrubSolve winter beauty dilemmas like dry and itchy skin with the Cinnamon and Maple Body Scrub at Ocean House’s OH! Spa in Watch Hill, RI. Local maple syrup, sugar and pure shea butter combine to create a full-body exfoliation.
9. The Hot Milk and Almond PedicureMilk contains lactic acid, a natural exfoliant making it the perfect fit for Bliss Spa's hour-long treatment that starts with a diamond-sided flexible fiberglass callus fighter, to soften feet before they soak in steamed whole milk and mega-moisturizing almond oil. Kate Hudson is a long-time fan.
10. Cookies for Santa! Pedicure & ManicureThe cozy Cookies for Santa! Oatmeal Cookies and Cream Pedicure and Manicure at Corbu Spa and Salon in Boston begins with a custom-made oatmeal cookie scrub made of chopped oats, oatmeal, sugar and coconut oil and is followed by a decadent massage that softens and hydrates the skin. For the ultimate holiday twist, the mani pedi comes complete with cookies and hot cocoa.
Pedicure $60, Manicure $45; charleshotel.com.
11. Coffee and Exotic Essential Oil Aromatherapy TreatmentGurney’s Inn invites guests to an indulgent and hydrating body facial, ideal for anyone who's looking to revive dull, dry skin this holiday season. The pampering begins with an intensive coffee bean, frankincense, salt and almond oil scrub, followed by a relaxing body wrap with soothing blends of aloe vera, yling ylang and tuberose, a rich shea body butter with jasmine, and more. As you rest, your skin will absorb a healthy, more radiant glow.
12. The Mudslide Body RenewalIf the drop in temperatures have left your skin with those dreaded flaky patches, consider recovering in Miami with Lapis Spa’s relaxing, full-body detox. The rejuvenating experience begins with an exfoliating sea salt scrub and just like the name suggests, guests are enveloped in warm sea mud for the ultimate skin-smoothing therapy.
$140 for 50 minutes; fontainebleau.com.
1 of 12
Hot Chocolate Synergy Massage
The One amp Only Palmilla in Los Cabos draws a-listers like Sofia Vergara. This holiday season, they've conjured up a massage inspired by the ancient Mayans. A blend of various techniques uses Mexican herbal compresses and chocolate oils to release muscle tension. The warm chocolate oil is said to enhance your mood, improves the skin’s blood flow and hydrate parched winter skin.
Powered By ZergNet