Blame your dull winter complexion on the fact that the sun sets by 5 p.m. There's nothing you can do about not getting out of work before it's dark out, but you can add a highlighter into your regular makeup look to give your complexion the illusion of that lit-from-within glow you held onto all summer.
While there's no shortage of highlighters on the market, many formulas rely on the sparkle or mermaid factor with an finish that's too sparkly instead of dewy. Luckily, for as many products that promise to transform your complexion into a unicorn or give you an Edward Cullen-esque look, there's a handful that will add a subtle glow to the high planes of your face such as your temples, cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and cupid's bow.
Whether you're a fan of powder highlighters, or prefer cream, there's options in every formulation along with shade to flatter every skin tone.
Keep scrolling for six highlighters that will add a natural, subtle glow to your complexion this winter.
VIDEO: 3 of the Most Expensive Perfumes
1. Ilia Illuminator in Polka Dots and Moonbeams
Ilia | $34
2. Nars Orgasm Illuminator in Super Orgasm
Nars | $30
3. Becca Light Chaser Highlighter in Pearl Flashes Gold
Becca | $34
4. Fenty Beauty By Rihanna Match Stix Shimmer Stick in Starstruck
Fenty Beauty | $25
5. Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
Marc Jacobs Beauty | $44
6. Milk Makeup Holographic Stick in Mars
Milk Makeup | $28