Jul 29, 2016 @ 2:15 PM
Mai Quynh's 10 Faves for Dark Lips
1. fair/light skin: Dolce & Gabbana Voluptuous Lipstick in Magnetic Monica
2. light/medium skin: Givenchy Le Rouge Matte Lipstick in Violine Precieux
"This semi-matte shade ($36; sephora.com) leaves your lips in the perfect berry tone for light to medium skin."
3. medium/dark skin: NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Empress
"This color ($26; sephora.com) will create the perfect vamp on medium to dark skin without being too intense."
4. Dark skin: Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in 109 Rouge Noir
"This shade ($34; chanel.com) is very striking, but will look beautiful and not too dramatic on dark skin."
5. Sara Happ Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
"I love the taste and effect of this lip scrub
($24; nordstrom.com). It exfoliates your lips while leaving them soft and clean so they're prepped for any lip color."
6. Lancôme Lip Colouring Stick in Portelle
"This lip pencil ($25; lancome.com) goes on smoothly and will help create and blend to perfect your lip line."
7. Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm
"I'm obsessed with this lip balm ($19; nuxe.com)! It's so thick and rich and will leave your lips super hydrated."
8. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
"I recommend using a dense concealer to help perfect your lip line. This concealer ($32; lauramercier.com) comes in two shades, which is key to blending into your skin."
9. Make up for ever small concealer brush
"This brush ($21; sephora.com) is a great size to use around your lip line to remove any excess smudges."
10. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in Brun Glace
"I love the texture of this glossy stain ($34; yslbeauty.com). It isn't sticky, but will leave your lips with a nice subtle shine. Also, the color will be a little more opaque than a typical gloss."