Feb 22, 2018 @ 2:15 PM
How to Wear Dark Polish
1. Best Shades for Light SkinCelebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann says those with fair skin should opt for blue-based shades with soft shimmer, which will look crisp-not goth-even on porcelain hands like Liv Tyler's.
2. For Light Skin: RedA hint of pink gives this crimson a pretty edge.
Essie in Lacy Not Racy, $8; buy online now at essieshop.com.
3. For Light Skin: PurpleA feminine berry that's not too dramatic for fair skin.
Avon Nailwear in Vintage Vamp, $5; buy online now at avon.com.
4. For Light Skin: BrownAn earthy chestnut looks elegant mixed with metallic.
Revlon in Crushed Crimson, $5; visit revlon.com for stores.
5. Best Shades for Medium SkinLook for gold flecks and warm undertones which make even tricky colors, like purple, flattering on Eva Mendes and all women with olive or tan complexions.
6. For Medium Skin: RedClassic ruby red with a sexy metallic finish.
OPI in Bastille My Heart, $9; visit opi.com for stores.
7. For Medium Skin: PurpleGold shimmer softens the look of deep violet.
Dior Vernis in Liquorice, $19; visit nordstrom.com for stores.
8. For Medium Skin: BrownThe tiny flecks of copper make olive skin glow.
Orly in Golden Maharaja, $8; buy online now at lotusnailsupply.com.
9. Best Shades for Dark SkinTake the trend to the extreme, advises Lippmann, who suggests going for strong hues that border on black. Kerry Washington does just that with nails that match her noir dress.
10. For Dark Skin: RedA deep burgundy that's unapologetically luxe.
Cornelia in Merlot, $9; call, 212-871-3181.
11. For Dark Skin: PurpleThe high sheen of this inky aubergine makes nails pop.
MAC in Illegal Purple, $11; visit maccosmetics.com for stores.
12. For Dark Skin: BrownDark chocolate is a chic alternative to black.
YSL in No. 36, $19; buy online now at bloomingdales.com.
1 of 12
Best Shades for Light Skin
Celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann says those with fair skin should opt for blue-based shades with soft shimmer, which will look crisp-not goth-even on porcelain hands like Liv Tyler's.
Powered By ZergNet