Feb 18, 2018 @ 3:00 PM
How to Not Feel Bad About Your Neck
1. How Not to Feel Bad About Your NeckWhen it comes to the area just south of your chin, trust us, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But wherever you are in the battle against things like gravity and sun damage, there's a lot of good you can do for your neck.
2. At Any Age: 20sAmple amounts of collagen and elasticity mean your neck and chest are enviably smooth and supple. Keep them that way with daily SPF applied from your chin to your bra line.
EltaMD broad-spectrum SPF 45, $29; eltamd.com for stores.
3. At Any Age: 20sIf pimples and sweat bumps are an issue, use an anti-acne wash and be sure to either shower or use a cleaning wipe after workouts says N.Y.C dermatologist Debra Jaliman.
Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action wipes, $9; drugstore.com.
4. At Any Age: 30sBrown spots develop after years of sun exposure as UV light causes cells to churn out extra melanin. Products with hydroquinone, a bleaching agent, help fade the damage.
Neostrata HQ skin lightening gel, $50; neostrata.com.
5. At Any Age: 30sProducts with retinol will stave off more hyperpigmentation by making cells turn over more quickly.
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Day SPF 30 (with retinol), $20; neutrogena.com.
6. At Any Age: 40sLoose skin around your neck and "cleavage wrinkles" are related to decreasing elasticity, says Dr. Jaliman. To build collagen, use creams that trigger skin-cell division.
Neocutis Journée cream, $130; dermstore.com.
7. At Any Age: 40sSeeing more spots? Work in kojic acid or hydroxyphenoxy propionic acid to exfoliate excess malanin.
Skinceuticals Neck, Chest amp Hand Repair, $70; skinceuticals.com.
8. At Any Age: 50s+Menopause causes lower levels of estrogen and less collagen production, says dermatologist David E. Bank. So, use a formula with human growth factors twice a day.
SkinMedica Recovery Complex, $165; skinmedica.com.
9. At Any Age: 50s+Firming cream (your new best friend) also helps repair sun damage with antioxidants.
Erno Laslo Firmarine neck cream, $115; ernolaszlo.com.
1 of 9
How Not to Feel Bad About Your Neck
When it comes to the area just south of your chin, trust us, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But wherever you are in the battle against things like gravity and sun damage, there's a lot of good you can do for your neck.
Powered By ZergNet