Our beauty editors comb through hundreds of new products each season to bring you their latest and greatest discoveries. So now that summer is here, we've rounded up our absolute favorite can't-leave-home-without-them sunscreens, dry shampoos and more. Take a peek inside our beach bags before you hit the sand.
1. Selene Milano, Senior Beauty Editor, InStyle.comElta MD UV Aero SPF 45: "Elta MD is my favorite brand of sunscreen ($27; dermstore.com). Zinc is a must in the hot summer sun and this is the only zinc spray that's lightweight, dries quickly and smooths right into your skin without leaving a thick white residue."
Harry Josh Detangling Brush: "We have lots of hair in my family. I carry this sleek, mint green lightweight brush ($16; hairenvy.com) with me to comb through my hair and I use it to smooth through my kids ? when I can catch them!"
Oliver Peoples Colline Sunglasses: "I wear contacts and my eyes are so sensitive to the bright sun. Oliver Peoples has super chic styles ($335; nordstrom.com) with polarized lenses ? no squinting necessary!"
Davines Su Conditioner: "After a few weekends of sun, chlorine and sea water my (already over processed) hair is scorched. I carry this ($27; davines.com) with me everywhere and spray on when I'm lucky enough to be lounging seaside. It protects my color and leaves my hair shiny and smooth."
2. Angelique Serrano, Beauty DirectorLa Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid: "When my heels hit the sand and a drink hits my hand, the last thing I'm thinking about is reapplying my sunscreen every two hours. That's why I pack the lightest, sheerest, easy-to-apply SPF ($30; laroche-posay.us) I can find. I can slather this fluid over my face with no mirror in 10.5 seconds."
Avene Cold Cream Lip Cream: "It's not the sexiest lip balm ($16; dermstore.com) on the planet, but I promise you: It will keep your kisser plump and hydrated for hours under the sun."
KindleFire: "It lets me flip-flop between "Gone Girl" and my latest Marilyn Monroe biography as fast as my mood changes ($229; amazon.com)."
Classic Ray-Ban Aviators: "They've been keepin' my face cute and crinkle-free since 1997 ($150; ray-ban.com)."
Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara: "You've got to keep it sexy poolside. A sweep of waterproof mascara ($150; chanel.com) and a slick of lip gloss and suddenly I feel like a Bond Girl."
3. Marianne Mychaskiw, Assistant Beauty Editor, InStyle.comEyeko Brow Gel: "Call me crazy, but I don’t go anywhere unless my brows are done. My regular routine of sculpting and highlighting isn’t the most realistic option for the beach, but luckily, a few swipes of Eyeko’s Brow Gel ($24; sephora.com) keep my arches looking full and natural, even after a dip in the water. Another added bonus: The keratin and ginkgo biloba in the formula also stimulate hair growth to fix an accidental over-tweeze."
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Gel: "Whenever I get a sunburn, I reach for The Body Shop’s Aloe Soothing Gel ($18; the bodyshop-usa.com) to impart an instant cooling effect on contact. The non-sticky formula gives your skin a boost in moisture, reducing irritation, and is gentle enough to be used on the face."
Caudalie Teint Divin Tinted Moisturizer: "My skin tans very easily, so wearing a full-coverage foundation is pretty tricky during the summer. Caudalie’s tinted moisturizer ($32; us.caudalie.com) is sheer enough to blend in with my ever-changing complexion, but provides enough coverage to mask imperfections. The hydrating formula is a must for some after-sun TLC, and it’s so lightweight, I often forget I’m even wearing it."
4. Sheryl George, Associate Beauty EditorRadical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen with SPF30: "You won't often finding me praising a sunscreen but this lightweight fluid ($55; radicalskincare.com) glides on and actually leaves behind a luminous finish (courtesy of crushed diamond powder!). Another plus, it contains antioxidants to help fight free radicals."
Makeup For Ever Second Skin Cream Blush #425: "I can't even describe what color this is?but it's magical ($26; makeupforever.com). It gives a believable matte glow to cheeks that looks like you just got a little sun (even if you've been cooped inside all day)."
Ahava Dry Oil Body Mist: "Most days, I'm too lazy to apply lotion and rub it in, but scaly legs aren't an option during #skirtseason. Instead, I spritz this lightweight oil ($38.50; ahavaus.com) on legs. It leaves them hydrated and adds a nice sheen."
5. Kahlana BarfieldBeats by Dre Beats Studios Headphones in Champagne: These lightweight headphones are the ultimate luxury and include, among other perks, a 20 hour rechargeable battery and a noise cancelling setting. ($300; beatsbydre.com )
La Mer The SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid: Unlike most sunscreens, La Mer?s formula isn?t greasy, and absorbs right into skin-great for daily wear. ($85; cremedelamer.com)
Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner: Benefit?s eyeliner is the first of its kind-a gel liner in pen form, providing the easiest way to achieve a no-fail cat eye. ($24; sephora.com)
Serge Normant Travel Size Meta Revive Volumizing Dry Shampoo with Cedar Bark: This volumizing dry shampoo is a savior in the summer heat when hair falls flat almost instantly. ($15; shopsergenormant.com)
6. Sarah Weir, Beauty AssistantBrush On Block: "This portable powder sunscreen ($30; brushonblock.com) lives in my beach bag – the water-resistant mineral formula makes sunscreen touch ups utterly painless. Bonus: the oil absorbing properties work great on your hairline."