I have a little secret. Back in 8th grade, or maybe early high school, I started carrying a compact in my pencil case (read: makeup bag that also had writing instruments, but also a lot of lip gloss). That doesn't sound that earth shattering, but hear me out. I didn't just use it to touch up lip gloss or find out when I needed to blot. Oh, no. I also used it to scope out people behind me.
But in all seriousness, a good, heavy compact feels glamorous and sophisticated and totally beats opening your front-facing camera at an unflattering angle to check if you have food in your teeth. Here are some of my favorites on the market.
1. Oribe Illuminating Face Palette
2. Mara Hoffman for Sephora Collection Kaleidescape Compact Mirror
3. Aerin Multi Color for Lips and Cheeks
4. Burberry Beauty Runway Palette
5. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow