It's official: Summer is finally here! With Saturday's solstice, which kicked off the brand-new season, these early summer days are the longest ones of the year. To make sure our hair and makeup stays intact throughout the hours of extra sunlight, we put together a list of our favorite long-lasting beauty products that won't melt off in the heat. We're stocking our makeup bags with smudge-proof mascaras and liners, long-lasting stains, gel effect lacquers, blowout-preserving dry shampoos and much more. Click through our gallery to see each product now!
June 21, 2014 @ 1:33 PM
May 26, 2015 @ 6:00 PM
May 26, 2015 @ 5:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
1. Dior Vernis Gel ShineJust because summer boasts longer days, that doesn't mean you should spend them sitting in a salon. Dior's Gel Shine lacquers ($25 each; sephora.com) take on the chip-proof qualities of their LED-cured counterparts, minus the tedious removal process.
2. Benefit Posie Tint and Mwah Lip BalmSince stains tend to last longer than your traditional lipstick or gloss, we recommend using a pretty pink version like Benefit's Posietint ($30; benefitcosmetics.com) as a dual-purpose option for your cheeks and lips. Add a layer of lip balm like Mwah's Coconut Chick ($4; ulta.com) to lock in hydration.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black VelvetWhether you're rocking a dramatic cat-eye or subtle definition, Urban Decay's stay-put formula ($20; urbandecay.com) keeps the effect in place all day, and stands up to sweat and sauna-esque temps alike.
4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 TreatmentJust like a primer helps your foundation last all day, a dollop of Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day ($26; sephora.com) creates the solid base to a voluminous blowout that won't quit, providing just enough body while smoothing over any frizz or flyaways.
5. R + Co Death Valley Dry ShampooEven if you're working second-day strands, a blast of R + Co's dry shampoo ($29; randco.com) onto your roots will instantly revive the style, and we especially love how it leaves our hair soft and touchable.
6. Jane Cosmetics Multi-Benefit BB CreamLayering primer, foundation, and powder can be a little too heavy in the warmer weather, which is why we reach for Jane's all-in-one BB cream ($16; janecosmetics.com) when we want our flawless finish to last. It combines the long-wearing ability of a primer, with the coverage of a sheer foundation, while mattifying shiny areas like powder. Genius!
7. Diorshow Iconic Overcurl WaterproofIs it just us, or do waterproof mascaras like Dior's ($29; sephora.com) seem to hold a curl slightly longer? We love how this one keeps the dreaded spider effect at bay by separating and defining each individual lash.
8. Anastasia Dipbrow PomadeAlthough it boasts a waterproof formula, this blendable cream ($18; anastasia.net) doesn't come on too strong, and creates a natural-looking full brow that won't budge, even after a dip in the pool.