Nov 17, 2017 @ 1:15 PM
3 Must-Have Manicures
1. Mixed Metals ManicureA smattering of gold and silver over gunmetal is equal parts grit and glamour. And getting the look is much easier than you think-trust us!
2. Get the LookSTEP 1 Lacquer nails with two coats of gunmetal (at left: CND Enamel in Hyde in the Dark). Allow at least five minutes for the polish to dry.
STEP 2 Sweep nail adhesive (at left: Kami Nail Foil adhesive) over the polish. It will change from white to clear matte when dry.
STEP 3 Place a strip of gold foil-shiny side facing down-(at left: Kami Metallic gold and silver foil) over your nail, tap three to four times with your fingertip to deposit the pigment, then peel off. Repeat with the silver foil.
3. Moon ManicureThe original "moon manicure" first showed up on screen stars back in the '20s. In graphic black-and-white, the two-tone paint job is bolder than ever.
4. Get the LookSTEP 1 Apply one coat of opaque white (at left: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail color in Whirlwind White) over the entire nail and wait for the polish to dry completely.
STEP 2 Using a semicircular French-manicure stencil sticker (at left: Orly French Manicure Tip Guides), block off the bottom third of your nail.
STEP 3 Paint two coats of black (at left: Essie nail polish in Licorice) from the stencil to the tip of the nail. Once it dries, peel off the sticker and finish with a shine-enhancing top coat over the entire nail.
5. Ombre ManicureSubtle shade-shifting gives hands a cool and pretty effect. The best part? All you need are two shades to create your own custom ombre sensation.
6. Get the LookSTEP 1 Gather your materials: a deep purple polish (try OPI nail lacquer in Give Me Moor), a creamy white polish (like OPI nail lacquer in Alpine Snow), five clean pots (or disposable plates), and toothpicks to mix.
STEP 2 Pour out four dime-size blobs of the dark purple, and add small increments of white to each one, creating a gradation of hues.
STEP 3 Beginning with the original shade on your pinkie, paint each nail a different color.
1 of 6
Mixed Metals Manicure
A smattering of gold and silver over gunmetal is equal parts grit and glamour. And getting the look is much easier than you think-trust us!
Powered By ZergNet