Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:45 PM
10 Ways to Look Better in Pictures
1. Fake a Tummy TuckThose who say the camera adds 10 pounds haven't tried this trick: "Twist your torso, turning one shoulder toward the camera and the other away from it," says Atlanta body-language expert Patti Wood. "It makes you look very slender."
2. Pucker Up
"A berry lip color with a hint of sheen flatters everyone," says Los Angeles image consultant Mimi Dorsey. Avoid nudes, which can make you look like a corpse once the flash hits-and brights, which often come across as harsh.
Dior Addict Gloss in deep berry, $30; sephora.com.
3. Don't Drink and PoseTry to take pictures early, before that third (or fourth or fifth) glass of wine. You're more in control, says Los Angeles makeup artist Troy Jensen. "And no matter how bright the flash is, your eyes will look droopy after drinks."
4. Go Natural
Hair with movement to it comes across as sexier on film, so take it easy on the styling products, says N.Y.C. hairstylist David Evangelista. "You really don't want your do to look sprayed or crunchy."
5. Let the Camera Do the Work"A good one doesn't have to be complicated," says Los Angeles celebrity photographer (and former model) Jack Guy, who swears by the Canon G series because it takes great pictures-and doesn't require expertise.
Canon Power Shot G11 digital camera, $500; usa.canon.com.
6. Stick Your Neck OutPush your face forward ever so slightly, says Mimi Dorsey. "It feels absolutely ridiculous when you're doing it, but it makes your face look thinner and hides any sign of a double chin."
7. Seek Out the SunsetDusk is the best time of day for outdoor pictures. "The lighting is really flattering," says Jack Guy. "The sun casts less shadow downward, so you don't end up with bags under your eyes in the photo. Instead, it lights up the area under the eyes and you look younger."
8. Don't Sweat It
While it's nice to have a subtle glow to your skin, too much shine can be distracting, says Troy Jensen, who recommends applying a matte finishing product, like Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. "Run it on the side of your nose, forehead and chin. It neutralizes shine instantly without feeling goopy."
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector in Invisible Light, $21; clinique.com.
9. Put Money Where Your Mouth IsCheese is great on pizza, but for pictures, say "money." "The strong e sound makes the corners of your mouth go up," says Patti Wood. "And the crinkles around your eyes make it look like a genuine smile."
10. Trademark Your Own "Blue Steel"Is your right side more flattering? Does a subtle smile look sexier? "Pull out all of your favorite pictures of yourself and see what you like," suggests Guy. "You'll probably find a look that's consistent. Once you know how you like yourself to look, it's much easier to replicate."
1 of 10
Fake a Tummy Tuck
Those who say the camera adds 10 pounds haven't tried this trick: "Twist your torso, turning one shoulder toward the camera and the other away from it," says Atlanta body-language expert Patti Wood. "It makes you look very slender."
Powered By ZergNet