Sep 20, 2017 @ 1:00 PM
10 Hairstyles That Never Go Out of Style
1. 10 Hairstyles That Never Go Out of StyleMany hair trends fizzle out faster than the latest one-hit-wonder on a music countdown, but there are hairstyles that transcend generations. We put together a list of the 10 most-timeless cuts that guarantee a good hair day for years to come. Say good-bye to the cringe-worthy 'dos of old photos past, and click through to see the hairstyles that never look dated!
2. Beachy WavesWe fell in love with Connie Britton's perfect blowout on Friday Night Lights, and the many styles she wore on American Horror Story and Nashville had our TV schedules filled with hair inspiration. Her beachy waves are an effortless style that needs minimal upkeep. "My hair is dry and it's better for me not to wash it every day, so I'm very lucky that I can get away with skipping a shampoo," Britton tells us. "If I'm left to my own devices, I usually scrunch my hair while it's wet and let it air-dry." Great tip!
Try on Connie Britton's covetable ringlets here!
3. Soft LayersIf you have layers like Kirsten Dunst's, follow the star's lead and give your ends a slight curl. It's the ultimate in blow-dry and go styles, allowing you to set the look in the morning and remain fuss-free all day. "I like people undone more than made up," Dunst once told InStyle.
Try on Kirsten Dunst's style here!
4. Blunt BangsKerry Washington's brow-skimming bangs are a hairstyle in themselves; Even with the rest of your strands pulled back, the fringe implies a dressed-up feeling.
Try on Kerry Washington's smooth strands!
5. A Tousled PixieBy playing with different textures, pixie like Anne Hathaway's make for endless styling possibilities. Plus, the longer layers on top ease that awkward growing-in phase between salon appointments. To create a piecey look, Hathaway's hairstylist Sascha Breuer spritzed his fingers with hairspray and worked the product onto individual sections to add definition. "The spray stays really light and your hair will look and feel natural, even though it has a strong hold level," he adds.
Try on Anne Hathaway's versatile cut!
6. The Angled BobKeira Knightley's chin-skimming cut has been a favorite in our Hollywood Makeover Tool since we added it in 2009, and we can see why! The face-framing layers flatter square jawlines like the star's, and the precise shape gives off a high fashion vibe.
Try on Keira Knightley's graphic bob!
7. The Long BobRose Byrne's lob-or long bob-is a great one-size-fits-all option if you're stuck in a hairstyle rut and want something that grows out gracefully. "It's modern and young and gives your 'do some edge," says celebrity hairstylist Mark Townsend, who works with Jennifer Lawrence and January Jones. "It's also a good start for any woman who is afraid to cut her hair."
Try on Rose Byrne's flattering lob!
8. Defined CurlsNatural hair like Kelly Rowland's is extremely versatile and can pull off a number of styles, but we love how her voluminous ringlets get a modern edge with extra definition and a mirror-like shine.
Try on Kelly Rowland's volumized curls!
9. Two-Toned RingletsWarm complexions like Beyoncé's are flattered by an equally warm hair color, like her tone-on-tone honey blond shade. The two distinct colors give her tousled curls the right amount of contrast. "The beauty of Beyoncé's hair is that women can get her look without the salon because it's effortless," says her hairstylist, Kim Kimble. "It has a bed-roomy, not-too-perfect feel, which is really sexy!"
Try on Beyonce's many hairstyles!
10. Long Tapered LayersChoppy layers tapered a few inches from the bottom of the hair like Cat Deeley's add movement to lengthy strands. Plus, Deeley's longer fringe makes room for versatility-the style looks good parted in any direction.
Try on Cat Deeley's style here!
11. Smooth Center-PartGwyneth Paltrow's long blond strands have been her staple as long as we can remember, and the actress only made changes a handful of times. "She loves straight hair," says hairstylist David Babaii, who has worked with the star. "Not too many people can pull off a sharp center part."
Try on Gwyneth Paltrow's trademark look!
1 of 11
10 Hairstyles That Never Go Out of Style
Many hair trends fizzle out faster than the latest one-hit-wonder on a music countdown, but there are hairstyles that transcend generations. We put together a list of the 10 most-timeless cuts that guarantee a good hair day for years to come. Say good-bye to the cringe-worthy 'dos of old photos past, and click through to see the hairstyles that never look dated!
Powered By ZergNet