In case you weren't one of the major sports stars or fashionable fans who attended last night's ESPY Awards in Los Angeles, we got you inside the real thing with a little help from Maria Sharapova. The 26-year-old Russian tennis superstar played multiple roles for the event -- presenter with Kevin Bacon, nominee for Best Female Tennis Player, and (drumroll please) fashion reporter for InStyle.com. She took us behind-the-scenes as she prepared for the event with her glam squad, including hairstylist Adir Abergel shown here, as she prepped to wear her J. Mendel dress on the red carpet. Click to go behind the scenes.
July 18, 2013 @ 12:35 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
1. Hairstylist Adir Abergel Works His Magic"Hair up or down?" Sharapova wondered as she got ready for the event. Luckly she had an expert on hand to help her figure it out: hairstylist Adir Abergel.
2. Sugar Rush With Sugarpova"The ultimate ESPY snack: Sugarpova!" the tennis star said of her pre-carpet snack.
3. Body Makeup to the RescueHer red carpet secret: Using body makeup to get rid of the tan lines. Notice the dress is already on and dress protection is in place!
4. Accessories Options"The ultimate accessories are an evening clutch and high heels," Sharapova said. She had some great options, too.
5. Practicing Her SpeechSharapova practiced her speech before heading on stage to present NFL football player Adrian Peterson with the Best Comeback Athlete alongside Kevin Bacon.
6. The Final LookIt was worth all the prep work! Sharapova shined on the red carpet in a J. Mendel dress, Irene Neuwirth jewelry and Casadei heels.
Hairstylist Adir Abergel Works His Magic
"Hair up or down?" Sharapova wondered as she got ready for the event. Luckly she had an expert on hand to help her figure it out: hairstylist Adir Abergel. Read MoreLess